Monday, December 1, 2008

Over The Hill

Yep, I went right over the hill on Saturday and didn't feel a thing.

My "surprise" party was so nice - friends from high school came along with our current-day friends. My parents were both there (I am so fortunate to still have them both!) and my siblings, nieces, nephews, and a host of cousins.

I didn't get a bunch of joke gifts and teasing about turning 50, so that was nice, too. I could've taken it - even expected it - but it didn't happen and I am good with that!

The Colonel called in to work this morning to let us know he drove for the first time since his stroke today. He had to take his wife for cataract surgery. For those of you who know about the Colonel, you might recall that his mission in life has been to smoke cigarettes and drink coffee. Seems those days are over. Doctor's orders. Being a colonel and all, he has to obey.

He wants to come back to work this week because he's bored. I think he should stay out for the rest of the month.

I'm not in charge of that.

8 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

50! But you're so youthful and gorgeous!
I was gonna feel bad for the colonel, but, um, cigarettes are not really the path to health and wellness.

Ronnica said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad that your friends and family realized that it'd be more enjoyable without the jokes and gags. Sounds like you all had fun.

Should he be driving already? It kinda seems like the blind leading the blind sorta thing.

Unknown said...

I was just going to ask about the Colonel...

I'm glad you had a nice party... I like fun parties, not stupid dumb parties...

~ Michelle ~ said...

Happy Birthday!! You look fabulous daling!!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Happy birthday and welcome to the fabulous fifties.

Wep said...

Happy birthday :)

Aunt Julie said...

Happy B-Day to You, Lynda! Hey, I'm Sharing Some Linky Love with you over at my place...please come Check. It. Out!

Dawn said...

I'm so glad your birthday party turned out well!! Mine was a lot of fun too!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com