Tuesday, December 16, 2008

He's Smokin'

Yep. The Colonel. You know the Colonel - the bane of my work existence. The one who makes coffee from bathroom water and can't sell to save his life, but is the "senior" sales rep for our company.

He recently had a series of strokes and was in ICU. By the grace of God, he survived without paralysis, and even made it back to work.

Well, Mr. Smarty Pants told us he was required by the doctors to quit smoking. He did okay for a while, but yesterday he was back to old ways.

I busted him and he confessed. Said he would talk to the cardiologist he was seeing yesterday to prescribe him that patch. We informed him he didn't need a prescription - he needed to walk into Walgreen's.

Well, we don't know the status yet. He called in sick today.

More as we learn it.

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

You know what? Let the dude smoke. If that is the path he CHOOSES to take, and God and the grim reaper come calling, well.....

Unknown said...

quitting smoking is HARD-I should know I have tried many times to stop...I am positive that This new yr will be the yr I kick the habit
;-)

Unknown said...

Quitting is hard, but it sounds like he's making exscuses... putz

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I wish him luck it is not easy.

 
template by suckmylolly.com