Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Have A Cold and She's In "Love"

Well, the title about sums it up. I caught a horrendous cold on Christmas Day... a special gift for me :-)

The awful coughing part hasn't started yet, but it's coming... I feel it. I sound like I am wearing one of those doggy cones. You know what I mean.

Who is in love? Oh, yeah, Miss Priss. But, this time, she's "taking it slow." This might mean she'll wait 48 hours before being truly, madly, deeply sunk in love.

Sunshine and flowers follow her every footstep. But they don't pick up her dirty clothes or dirty dishes. The wicked mommy has to remind Cinderella to do her chores.

Sigh. Cough. Sneeze!

11 comments:

Linda said...

You poor thing...feel better soon!

My daughter was pretty boy crazy in high school, having a different boyfriend every year. Luckily she got it all out of her system and hasn't had one boyfriend in college. She says it's not her priority. Praise the Lord, she did listen to her parents!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh goodness. Cinderella?

Ritch in Love said...

Oh no! You must have caught my bug! This is day 11 for me. It's turned into Bronchitis I'm afraid. Good luck with the cough! To quote my favorite 80's flick The Princess Bride: "Whuv, Ta-woo Whuv!" (Good luck with that too!)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I don't know who has it worse you or her. Love at that age UGH...feel better soon.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about the cold - that just bites the big one. And I'm sorry about the teenybopper love that they think is TRUE LOVE when we all know differently.

Debbie Y. said...

Sorry you have a cold.

This "In Love" thing with teenage girl's sucks. Mine was "In Love" every other hour. The back and forth between "going out" and "breaking up", just about did me in during her teenage years. Good luck to you with yours.

Aunt Julie said...

We're all pretty snot-filled around here, too. Stuffed nose, followed by hacking, spitting, etc., etc. You know the drill. Hope you recover in time to Have a Happy New Year!

Minnesota Matron said...

ooohh - hope you're feeling better! Happy 2009 . . .

Melissa B. said...

Oh, feel better soon! And hope your chica recovers from her Love Sickness as well. Happy New Year!

MissKris said...

We've all been fighting the same cold too, Lynda. It's my daughter's turn now. Have you ever tried Zicam??? Dear Hubby talked me in to it and I can't BELIEVE how much better it made me feel. Not well right away...but from death warmed over to up and functioning the next day. Get well!

Unknown said...

get better soon!
ahhhhh teen love i remember it well and relive it daily around here

 
template by suckmylolly.com