Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After

Ah, Christmas... still pretty magical, isn't it?

We had a really nice Christmas this year. On Christmas Eve, my dad, his wife, and my brother and his family came over for a gift exchange and a small feast. And when I say "feast" that is exactly what I mean. It was supposed to be snacky stuff, but one thing led to another. Jerry made a huge pot of chicken and sausage gumbo, dad brought a homemade honey-glazed ham, there was a yule log (Mmmmm), fudge, peppermint bark, chips, dips, a huge salad, chicken salad, an assortment of cookies....I forget what else.

After everyone left, Jerry, Nicole and I opened our gifts to one another - lovely, thoughtful items to and from each.

THEN...over to my brother's the following day. This one had my mom and her husband, my sister and her family, and a friend + child of my brother and his wife. More food (multiply the above X 20) including some family favorites courtesy of Mom. After the feast, more gifts!

That I can actually sit upright at this point is amazing to me. And, to top it off, I am a WORK. Nobody ELSE is at work, but I am.

I don't care. I am away from feasty foods and if the Colonel doesn't come in, I am taking a nap on the couch in his office.

Life is good.

9 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Take a nap, have some non-toilet water coffee, read up on blogs ;^)

Jan Ross said...

Glad you had a wonderful holiday with your family!!

Debbie Y. said...

Our family get together is yet to come, tomorrow. Wish me luck. Hope I didn't wake you from your nap. LOL

Denita said...

Sounds like your Christmas was spectaculiar Lynda. And, not to worry darling.....I am at work as well ; }

Betty said...

Your attitude is good. That is what matters! Have a great day!

Aunt Julie said...

Sounds like a lovely time was had by all! I've got a holiday snap of a different genre for you on Sx3 tomorrow...please do stop by!

Melissa B. said...

OK, don't know how that happened; Veggie doesn't host Sx3, 'cause I do! Hope you come by to join the fun!

Tabitha Blue said...

Glad you had a wonderful and Merry Christmas!!! Oh, and cute blog design!!!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Ritch in Love said...

For some reason Christmas is magical for me for days afterwards...there's just something in the air...

 
template by suckmylolly.com