Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Seeing It

This past Sunday at church, one comment during the lesson stuck with me:


"We can call forth the God-Spirit in anyone by seeing it in them."


Of course, this requires we believe the spark of the divine is within us all. I believe it is.

One of the things he went on to discuss is that those that irritate us, grate our nerves, push our buttons, or do things we find reprehensible are also "carriers" of the same divine spark within ourselves. Once we see it in that person, they are no longer viewed in the same light as before.


Now, I know not all will agree with my thoughts and beliefs, but that's okay... we're on our own paths and since this happens to be my blog, I will share mine. As you know, I attend a Unity church. Unity is very open and welcoming... they do espouse a core set of five principles. Here they are:



  1. God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.


  2. We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.


  3. We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.


  4. There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our connection to God.


  5. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.

So, my friends, go SEE what's really in one another... Namaste ;-)

5 comments:

g-man said...

Namaste to you too.

I think those are all good things to believe in, and that we'd all be better off if more of us also believed in that.

LaurieJ said...

This post made me think of one of my favorite quotes by CS Lewis. It's long but it's a good one :-) Hmmm...definitely a good blog topic

'It may be possible for each to think too much of his own potential glory hereafter; it is hardly possible for him to think too often or too deeply about that of his neighbor. The load, or weight, or burden of my neighbor’s glory should be laid daily on my back, a load so heavy that only humility can carry it, and the backs of the proud will be broken.

It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship...

It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal.

Unknown said...

Wow... good stuff there Lady.

Melissa B. said...

Amen, sister! Tell it!! I've noticed that as I've "matured," I'm seeing more of this "spark" in others, and getting less irritated, too.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

POSITIVE and PROGRESSIVE, amen to that.

 
template by suckmylolly.com