Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Toothpaste Troubles & Being SAUCY

Have you seen how many choices of toothpaste there are now? and the flavors? They sound like air fresheners...These are some of the choices from Crest alone:

Citrus Clean Mint, Pure Peppermint Fresh, Mint + Green Tea Extract (eewww!), Lemon Ice, and Vanilla Mint.

And don't get me started on the tops of the toothpastes - flip-tops, pumps, BIG caps, etc...

If that weren't enough, you can actually get hard liquor and wine-flavored toothpastes coming in selections such as:

Bourbon, Whiskey, Jigger Bourbon, Wellington Whiskey, Champagne, and California Wines. If that's too much for you, you can choose Creme de Menthe, Amaretto, or Anisette.

I don't know about you, but I always thought you brushed your teeth AFTER drinking to hide the hideous smell. Of course, if you want to embrace your alcoholic tendencies, this would be a sure-fire way to "go there."

Exploring around online, I found this quote:

"Forget toothpaste. Now it’s time to put some flavor in your life with Breath Palette. You didn’t realize you needed this, but you must be getting bored with that same old minty taste in your mouth after every brushing, so now work some Indian Curry flavor around that pie hole. "

Pie hole! For the love of Pete.

Not only Indian Curry, you can select Monkey Banana, Sweet Salt, and Darjeeling Tea. Or, Pumpkin Pudding, Bitter Chocolate, Caramel, and Cola.

Look, I am open to trying new things, but some things should just be what they're supposed to be. For me, it will be a plain, old tube of REGULAR flavored Crest or Colgate. With a normal-sized top that just screws off.

My husband will continue to squeeze it at the top and I'll straighten it back out when I use it, but when we get in bed and breathe in each other's direction, we'll smell CLEAN... not like we just ate pumpkin pudding with a shot of jigger bourbon.

Oh, and finally, thanks to all have visited me via The Secret Is In The Sauce! I am currently listed as a "Saucy" blog - I am so honored!

One thing I do know...if we ever get a SITS-flavored toothpaste, I'll give it a whirl!

(side note: If you have a blog and haven't visited The Secret Is In The Sauce, you might as well go on over, join, and enjoy the fun)

13 comments:

gary rith said...

When I was a kid and we used Colgate I desperately wanted the striped stuff: Aquafresh! (rebellious me....)
So, Aquafresh it was, Aquafresh it still is. Minty! Stripey!

Ronnica said...

Ew ew ew! I'm not a fan of mint, but it does make my mouth feel clean. I prefer Colgate total paste, as it isn't overwhelmingly minty.

sassy stephanie said...

Wow. At my season in life, with young ones, I thought toothpaste only came in Cars, Spiderman, Barbie and Hello Kitty.

Love the tipsy the alcohol gives me, but I don't think I could possibly brush with alcohol flavored toothpast. Ewww. That' the taste I am usually trying to was *out* of my fuzzy mouth.

Thanks for the drop in today and congrats to you as well! Isn't it fun??

BTW, Htowner myself. Well, sort of. Just a little outside of the Woodlands.

sassy stephanie said...

Oh! and I forgot to say:

Wow on the 19 yrs. I so love hearing that. It is so rare these days!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Hello, fellow blogrolled Sits-ta!

ann said...

yeah - no matter what, it all eventually tastes like toothpaste. Or chocolate on top of toothpaste.

Angie's Spot said...

I don't get the whole flavored toothpaste phenomenon. It's out of control! And congrats on your saucy-ness! Thanks for visiting me today. ;-)

Unknown said...

To me, toothpaste should just leave your mouth feeling clean, not tasting like something from a candy shop!

gary rith said...

so, what's going on there with Dolly?

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by to chec out my recipies!

Isn't it fun being Saucy?

~*Paty*~ said...

I Hate, yes I said HATE, vanilla flavored toothpaste! I like my regular minty freshness!

Givinya De Elba said...

Are you kidding me? I think it's ridiculous too. We don't have that range of toothpastes here, but the range of toothbrushes with their ridiculous gimmicks makes me MAD! I once said that the only gimmick they've never thought of is the digital-electronic-responds to-your-brushing toothbrush!

Then they started advertising them!

Pah!

Crazy Momma said...

So stinking funny!

It too wanted the striped toothpaste, gary. My grandmother used it and we used Crest.

I'll use most anything that has a NORMAL toothpaste flavor and keeps my mouth clean.

Thanks for sharing the SITS love and stopping by my blog!

 
template by suckmylolly.com