Wednesday, July 16, 2008

There Is A Teenager In My House!

We thought 14 was tough. People said, "Oh, yes, 14 is a difficult age - just wait, it gets better." Then, she turned 15. It wasn't 14, but I am not sure "better" is the right word. Now, she's 16 - 4 months into being 16.

Oh yeah, there's drama 24-7. Highs and lows of possible relationships. It's not fair that her friends don't keep getting "hurt" and she does. But, don't try and offer a reason or solution, what could we possibly know?

Yesterday, I watched my child go from the mountain top to the valley - all because a boy she thinks she likes, according to a third party who wasn't present, told my child that he put his arm around Holly. Holly?!?

This set off a flurry of text messages trying to fish for information without giving any up.

They need the very best of cell phones to send text messages. Actually call?? Mom! No!

And do they leave voice messages if they happen to call? No, because, "they'll see I called and will call back."

So, mass quantities of tears were flowing from our daughter's bedroom. She's swearing off boys forever.

Unless.....Holly is lying....text text text......

7 comments:

Kerrie said...

Dear, oh dear...the poor love. I just don't remember it all being so fraught when I was 16.

Sending you strength to ride the wave of hormones in your home at the moment.

(((Hugs)))

Linda said...

Oh yes, been there done that. My daughter is 19 if that tells you anything.

I particularly remember one RV trip and the scenario being quite like yours. My husband and daughter were yelling at each other because she would not stop texting and/or get off the phone and go to sleep...she was crying so much. My husband finally yelled at her "if you get us kicked out of this RV park you'll be in so much trouble!" Boy I couldn't wait to get out of that RV! What a nightmare...and where is that boy now...history!

She's now entering her 2nd year of college and boyfriend/drama free! They do finally mature!

gary rith said...

darn! Well, maybe in ten short years she'll be happily married with a little grandchild for you and all this will be a very distant memory....

Melissa B. said...

We have 2 teenagers--both girls--in the house. I feel your pain! The good news is that the oldest is "growing out" of that phase. Things change quickly, as you'll soon see!

Ronnica said...

Wait, this is teenage behavior? This just happened to me the other day!

Okay, that's a gross exaggeration, but I do go through the same emotions though perhaps the scenarios and how I handle it are slighly more mature. Slightly.

Ronnica said...

Interpretitive dance...totally up my alley, and I'm SURE my prof will accept it! I might not even have to take the final...

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so not looking forward to teenage years......and the way they do things now is so foreign to me! :)

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog today and comment on my posts. I look forward to returning to your blog and browsing around! :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com