Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Five Favs: Flowers

Friday already? Yeah! Let's share our favorite flowers, shall we? Good!

1. Daffodils - I just think they're "happy" flowers... sunny, bright, simple, but beautiful.
2. Peonies - we can't grow them here in Houston (too hot), but aren't they just gorgeous?
3. Bluebonnets - what Texas girl could leave them off her list. The bluest of blues!
4. Roses - so many varieties, so many colors... it's hard to choose a favorite, but I lean toward the peace roses - yellow with pink edges.

and finally,

5. Hyacinths - for the smell alone! Heaven.

What are your favorite flowers??

5 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Peonies are just finishing here, and those bluebonnets are something!
Favoites....hmmm...
1 sunflowers, 2 morning glories 3 daffodils 4 iris 5 all the wild daisies out there!

Ronnica said...

I just love flowers. My favorites though, are tulips!

Melissa B. said...

Bluebonnets have always been my faves. As you well know, there's nothing like a field of bluebonnets, which stretches on and on for miles!

Anonymous said...

My favorite flower is anything that blooms and keeps on blooming. I wish Hyacynths were constant bloomers, they smell so good. But I've returned to MORNING GLORIES. I'm 59, and remembered them from my youth and I get so much joy out of watching them vine.

Melissa B. said...

BTW, don't forget to swing by my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes today. We could use a dose of your sense of humor!

 
template by suckmylolly.com