Friday, November 21, 2008

Colonel Update and More

The Colonel's wife called yesterday and said he had been released and was at home. Seems he is obsessed with work, but I can assure you, according to the phone in his office, there hasn't been even one message left in his absence. This will probably tear him up when he gets back, so I hope someone calls over the weekend.

And other sad news... my sister-in-law, Jana, lost her dad yesterday. This is the sis-in-law who is throwing my surprise party next Saturday. Jana's dad was a real character - he had his Masters in music and was once a really good jazz pianist. Arthritis set in and he gave up that gig and became a teacher. He was, however, kind of crochety, but funny. And could the man cuss! Always, of course, choosing a most unopportune time to do so.

Jana and my brother are 43. They have been a couple since the 7th grade. So, Jana's family has been our family for a long, long time.

We'll miss you, Joe Walker.

6 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

ah, the poor colonel and I'm sorry about Jana's dad....
7th grade, wow!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

praying for the colonel and jana...

Dawn said...

Talk about putting a damper on your birthday!

I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

I'm glad Col is doing much better.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

All are in my thoughts at this difficult time.

Aunt Julie said...

So sorry for your loss! And I hope the Colonel feels better soon...is it lonely without him around? Not so much Blog Fodder, huh?

Melissa B. said...

Are things super-boring w/o the Colonel around? Hope he gets better, soon. So sad, too, about your SIL's dad. RIP.

 
template by suckmylolly.com