Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm In Charge

Yikes! I have never REALLY been in charge at work before and after lunch today, I'm "the boss." (I am always subliminally in charge)

The owner and VP of my company are out of the country. The "other" VP (my direct boss) is leaving for a conference, and my contemporary (hate to say the word, "equal") is on vacation. That leaves ME in charge.

Now, that wouldn't be so daunting except the you-know-what has hit the fan. We're having to find people to cover some positions nationwide and we're out of people! Our company has a practice of never saying we cannot fulfill a request.

I am hating that I will have to be the one to do that, but if everything falls into place as expected, they'll just have to get a "no" for an answer.

Maybe things will fall out of place.

Sublime!

9 comments:

Ronnica said...

I've never actually seen Andy Griffith, so I probably shouldn't demonstrate my ignorance by talking about it. Actually, a lot of TV shows and movies have been filmed/set here...most recently, Dawson's Creek. Not that I'm familiar with that show either, but at least they would always talk about it in high school when I was around.

gary rith said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
What you need is an old fashioned rubber stamp and red ink that says 'NO'

btw, I am thinking: puffin cup.....more later

Aunt Julie said...

Isn't it nice to be "in charge." Put your foot down--be strong! Glad you picked up your award--you were the first designee I thoiught of!

Wep said...

You can do it! I have total faith in you :)

Melissa B. said...

Hey, you're a strong woman...it'll be a piece o' cake, as they say! I prefer fudge cake myself, but others prefer lemon because of the tartness. I know you can do it!

Balancing the Media said...

I love that...yes, you are always the boss whether they know it or not. hee hee:) And I love that you go off on tangents in your posts...I am always doing that as well. That's just how my mind thinks...isn't it something how a sentence can start and it ends up somewhere completely different?
Hope your work week goes better than the sickness did in the house.

carmilevy said...

I have every confidence that you'll somehow turn this work challenge into a successful opportunity.

Good people always do.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh my...I am so embarrassed....my comment posted under my 13 year old son's blog that he just started about politics. EMBARRASSING!!! Especially when I am not even going to touch the political scene on mine. You must have been SO confused!! Note to self.....make sure you don't comment under son's profile!

Ronnica said...

Okay, I'm just now actually getting around to reading this post. Sorry.

I hope everything went well for you day in charge! Since I work for a very small company, I'm frequently in charge...of myself. I'm the 3rd and last person on the totem pole. The other day my boss told me that we were going to have a meeting and I looked at him funny, since we've never had one before. He just meant that we were going to intentionally talk about a few things (still from our desks, which are just a few feet from each other) while before we might have talked about them willy nilly. I do love it.

 
template by suckmylolly.com